Agesilaos Antik Sikkeler Nümzimatik

Constantius II Thessalonica

Bu sitedeki tasarım ve tüm içerikler Agesilaos Antik Sikkeler Nümizmatik tarafından hazırlanmaktadır.
Kaynak gösterilmeden site içeriğinin izinsiz kopyalanması, kullanılması ve paylaşılması FSEK'in 71.Madde gereği yasak ve suçtur.
Agesilaos Antik Sikkeler Nümizmatik içerik kullanım koşullarını ihlal edenler hakkında TCK ve FSEK ilgili kanun ve yönetmeliklerine göre yasal işlem başlatılacağını bu alandan yazılı olarak beyan ederiz.

Antik Sikkeler

ΝΟΜΙΣΜΑΤΟΛOΓΟΣ
Φιλομμειδής
Katılım
4 Şub 2022
Mesajlar
Beğeni
Constantius II obtained the title Maximus Augustus in 346, evidenced by the legend of some coins such as this Solidus, after the death of his brothers. He thus succeeded in reuniting the empire again, as his father did in 324 after the battle of Chrysopolis in which he defeated Licinius. Son of Constantine I the Great, born in Sirmium, Constantius II became Caesar at age 17 and, upon his father's death in 337, became Augustus of the East. Constantius was of the Arian faith and organized a synod in Antioch in 341 to promote his own creed in opposition to the Nicene creed defended by his brother and Augustus of the West, Constans I. In 359 he also declared Arianism the state religion.

On the death of his brothers, Constantine II [340] and Constans I [350] he became sole emperor and had to face the usurper Magnentius, aided in this by his sister Constantina, who managed to secure for him the strong army of General Vetranio. Thanks to this in the famous battle of Mursa, Constantius succeeded in defeating the usurper who, together with his brother and Augustus of the West Decentius, committed suicide shortly afterwards. He initially [351] appointed as Caesar his cousin Constantius Gallus, who married Constantina. Constantius Gallus was considered by the sources to be an able commander but made himself hated for his despotic ways; he also promoted a pro-poor monetary policy, in contrast to that of Constantine I and Constantius II himself, who favored gold coinage and the wealthy classes.

He was thus assassinated by the aristocracy of Antioch and struck with damnatio memoriae. In his place Constantius' cousin Julian was appointed Caesar. Constantius II is remembered for attempting to bring Rome back to prominence by granting tax privileges to the Church and donating important monuments, giving the impression that he preferred the Urbe at the expense of his father's chosen capital. He was nevertheless forced to return to Constantinople to face the Persians, but was betrayed by Julian, who refused to march to his aid and was acclaimed Augustus by the soldiers. However, it was illness that overcame him in 361.

Agesilaos Antik Sikkeler Nümizmatik_consII.jpg