Agesilaos Antik Sikkeler Nümzimatik

Greco Baktrian Kingdom - Apollodotos I

Bu sitedeki tasarım ve tüm içerikler Agesilaos Antik Sikkeler Nümizmatik tarafından hazırlanmıştır/hazırlanmaktadır.
Site veya Kaynak gösterilmeden içeriklerin izinsiz kopyalanması, kullanılması ve paylaşılması FSEK'in 71.Madde gereği yasak ve suçtur. Agesilaos Antik Sikkeler Nümizmatik içerik kullanım koşullarını ihlal edenler hakkında TCK ve FSEK ilgili kanun ve yönetmeliklerine göre yasal işlem başlatılacağını bu alandan yazılı olarak beyan ederiz.

Antik Sikkeler

ΦΙΛΟΛΟΓΟΣ 🇬🇷 | ΝΟΜΙΣΜΑΤΟΛOΓΟΣ
Φιλομμειδής
Katılım
4 Şub 2022
Mesajlar
Beğeni
Apollodotos I Soter [ Savior ] is unknown to history aside from his coins, of which the rare Attic-weight tetradrachms like this piece are among the finest of all of Hellenistic portrait coins.

ANTİK SİKKELER NÜMİZMATİK.jpg

He is shown as rather aged and jowly, with a hint of a smile, wearing a distinctive Macedonian sun-hat called a kausia. In these respects he resembles another contemporary Baktrian ruler, Antimachos I Theos, who may be his brother or other close relation. His area of control was likely centered in Gandhara, now in northwestern Pakistan, and likely extended into northern India, as his small square silver drachms are commonly found there. He could thus be considered the first fully Indo-Greek ruler, although too little is known about his area of control to be certain.

Almost all of his coinage adhered to Indian standards, with bi lingual Greek and Kharosthi legends and non-portrait types, either elephant and bull on his silver, or Apollo and tripod on the bronze.

Apollodotos introduced the Indian standard silver drachm of circa 2.42 grams into the Baktrian coinage system, which gradually replaced the heavier Attic weight standard throughout the realm. His only Attic weight coinage was of scarce hemidrachms of Indian type and the truly rare portrait tetradrachms.