Agesilaos Antik Sikkeler Nümzimatik

Greek Seleukid Empire Seleukos I Nikator

Bu sitedeki tasarım ve tüm içerikler Agesilaos Antik Sikkeler Nümizmatik tarafından hazırlanmıştır/hazırlanmaktadır.
Site veya Kaynak gösterilmeden içeriklerin izinsiz kopyalanması, kullanılması ve paylaşılması FSEK'in 71.Madde gereği yasak ve suçtur. Agesilaos Antik Sikkeler Nümizmatik içerik kullanım koşullarını ihlal edenler hakkında TCK ve FSEK ilgili kanun ve yönetmeliklerine göre yasal işlem başlatılacağını bu alandan yazılı olarak beyan ederiz.

Antik Sikkeler

ΦΙΛΟΛΟΓΟΣ 🇬🇷 | ΝΟΜΙΣΜΑΤΟΛOΓΟΣ
Φιλομμειδής
Katılım
4 Şub 2022
Mesajlar
Beğeni
Ένας βασιλιάς που δολοφονήθηκε από πρόσφυγ - ΣΕΛΕΥΚΟΣ Α Ο ΝΙΚΑΤΩΡ

Seleukos I Nikator [Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ]. He is the founder of the Seleucid Empire. He is also a Macedonian general and an officer of Alexander the Great. The Seleucid Empire was one of the greatest powers of the Hellenistic world until it was defeated by the Roman Republic and the Parthian Empire in the late 2nd and early 1st century BC.

ANTİK SİKKELER NÜMİZMATİK_SELEUKOS.jpg

Philetairos [Φιλέταιρος] and other cities and rulers of western Asia Minor invited Seleukos to march west and destroy his sometime ally, Lysimachos, who had made himself very unpopular in the region.

Seleukos acquiesced to this request, defeating and killing Lysimachos [Λυσίμαχος] at the Battle of Korupedion. This victory gained for Seleucus all of Lysimacus’ former territory in Asia Minor and Thrace, but he was not able to savour this triumph for long.

Later in the year, as he marched through Thrace, Seleucus was murdered by a refugee from the Ptolemaic court. While elephants and horses could make or break kingdoms, neither was proof against the assassin’s dagger.

Click for more coin images of the Seleukos I Nikator.

ANTİK SİKKELER NÜMİZMATİK_SELEUKOS1.jpg

ANTİK SİKKELER NÜMİZMATİK_SELEUKOS2.jpg

ANTİK SİKKELER NÜMİZMATİK_SELEUKOS3.jpg